Friday, March 07, 2008

Star Explorer


Not too long ago I work out a trade with a pal of mine and got a pinball machine for a portrait commission. Its a weird "rec room" model made in the mid 70s by a South African company. Its a little banged up but works really great (except for the insanely loud "sound effects" that sound like a smoke detector...I had to cut the speaker wires). Decorating the exterior with some killer drawings and logos is my spring project. I just love having a pinball machine in my home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I lived on Whitehead Rd. my basement was filled with junk. I had a Donkey Kong game and this wacky-assed coin-op airplane game that dazzled the stoners who would wind up down there. We had to let them go- the Donkey Kong game is in Matt Ginter's hands now, so I've heard, and we sold the airplane game on eBay. I finally lived out my childhood dream of having an arcade at my house, and like so many childhood dreams (like sex) it wasn't quite what I thought it would be.

JTO said...

Yep, I'll have to admit I like the idea of a pinball machine in my home more than the actual machine.