Monday, July 21, 2008

Roky design (work in progress)


Here's a piece of a design I'm making for fun-a graphic of Roky Erickson, one of my favorites...The 13th Floor Elevators and his solo stuff is all killer and I am so fired up about him playing in Athens at PopFest this August in Athens...I will probably make an iron on for a t shirt or something...its not finished totally yet, it will probably get a lot crazier.  I finally got around to working on the new Baron Calm series (a pink one with a girl and a robotic confederate bear falling to pieces and a cloud of muppet type eyeballs).   I have decided not to make any more stuff that is small and understated, its got to be bigger and/or crazier.   I hacked out a lot of filler from my website today too, a lot of stuff that seems like mediocre filler to me now...I'm also cleaning out the closets and dumping a lot of old pieces that I can no longer store...I will probably have some sort of flood sale/ritual burning of this stuff soon.

No comments: